Billions of dollars in student aid went unclaimed last year. Then is it worth 1% - 2% of college costs to be in the best situation possible and maximize your financial aid eligibility? That's about all it costs to subscribe your student to 123College.
123College can help every parent with a college bound student. Let us guide you through the entire process of financial aid and more. We are your college funding specialists.
No dollar amount can truly justify the worth of the customized Student Profile Report that we complete for each subscriber. The report contains relevant information that you might find on your own. Except for the fact that we've already done all the research for you. The report also contains information that you won't find anywhere else because it's customized to your student and your family. You'll see how much every school you're considering, and every school that we've chosen for you, will cost you in your current situation. Then how much less they might cost you if your monies are in non-assessed investments. We do all of this before your student even sends in an application to the school. Think of how much time, effort, and money you can save on filling out applications, application fees, completing admission essays, and campus visits. If we can save you one trip across the country to visit a college or university, chances are it'll save you more than the cost of our entire program. That's not including any of the services you'll get for all of your student's undergraduate years.
Students are now taking longer and longer to graduate from college. Your student needs to choose a major before enrolling or they could be in danger taking additional years to graduate. You could also be putting them on danger of dropping out all together. On average, 15% of entering freshman drop out of college in the 1st semester. The average student is now taking over 5 years to graduate with their first bachelors degree. It's important for your student to find a field that they not only enjoy doing, but also excel at academically. This leads to the student staying in school and graduating on time. 4 years of college costs is expensive enough. Don't be stuck paying for extra years of college when your student should be earning money in the work force. 123College provides a 2-hour long personality profile and aptitude test to help your student find a major or field of study.
Saving for college is an admirable burden taken on by many parents. The best savings for college is not always through 529 plans or educational IRA's. Whoever may have sold you a 529 plan or educational IRA probably forgot to leave out one very important fact. That is that both of these college funds are assessed in the financial aid formulas. They can be poor investments for those of you that can qualify for scholarships for college. 123College Senior Counselors will provide you with all the information so you and your family can make sound decisions on this and all aspects of college funding.
Subscribe to our services and we manage all your financial aid for the entire term of education to graduation. Our commitment to you will be one of total service and the best education your money can buy. We will:
1. Develop a customized “Student Profile Report” that is approximately 70 to 90 pages filled with information regarding your eligibility for financial aid. It will also contain detailed information about colleges, universities, ACT/SAT board exams, AP/CLEP courses, etc.
2. Analyze your ability to qualify for college funding and to what extent by computing your Expected Family Contribution for both the Federal and complicated Institutional Methodology.
3. Provide a customized “College Search” that evaluates colleges you have specified and pinpoint others that offer the curriculum that fits your child’s career goal and a variety of other specified criteria. The schools chosen by 123College.com are generally those schools that historically have offered strong educational values with available financial aid.
4. Provide you with a critique of your essays before submission to the colleges and universities.
5. Gain access to the 123College.com “Negotiations Team.” We assist in helping you obtain more financial aid with colleges and universities that offer you unexpectedly low funding. We evaluate your financial aid package(s) and determine if the correct amount of financial aid is being provided. In the event that the package is being under awarded or mis-awarded, we either contact the financial aid officers on your behalf or create letter(s) for you to send to the schools requesting additional financial aid.
6. Provide you with SAT/ACT practice study guide along with software produced by the Kaplan Learning Centers to potentially help improve test scores. Please check one _____ SAT or _____ ACT. If left blank, an SAT guide will be sent.
7. Provide access to a computer driven, comprehensive college and career planning system. This online personality profile and aptitude test assists your student in potentially choosing a major that your student should enjoy and may also excel in academically.
8. Inform your family about the top companies to obtain student loans that currently have the best interest rates and excellent customer service.
9. Provide a 1/2-hour one-on-one consultation with a 123College.com “Senior College Counselor” to discuss your Student Profile Report.
10. Provide you with a toll-free customer service number to call with any questions or any issues you may wish to discuss.
There is no charge for assisting you in implementing your information for your FAFSA so you can review and sign.
Fiction: My income is too high, I won't qualify for financial aid.
Fact: Many middle and upper-middle income families do qualify each year.
Fiction: My child did not qualify to win a National Merit Scholarship.
Fact: Need-based aid is based upon income, assets, number of children, etc., and not on academic achievement. We specialize in helping students get both.
Fiction: If my child doesn't qualify for need-based aid, there is no hope.
Fact: There are millions of dollars of merit aid for those with academic, artistic & athletic talent. 123College conducts the most advanced search in the industry from a database of over 2 million different grants and scholarships for every subscriber.
Fiction: Having a nice home will prevent me from getting aid.
Fact: Certain schools may assess your home value, other schools will not. 123College shows you exactly which schools assess the home value. Our advisors can provide financial solutions.
Fiction: College Financial Aid people at the schools will help.
Fact: While they can be helpful in some ways, just remember that they are employed by the school whose interests they are hired to protect. Would you want the I.R.S. to do your taxes?
Fiction: It's a simple, easy and fair process.
Fact: Many before you were convinced it's not simple, easy or fair. It is a complex process that requires professional assistance to be in the best situation possible.
The question isn't if you can afford 123College, but can you afford not to use us?